About Lehman Township
As another Pennsylvanian township, Lehman Township is nestled right in the far northeastern part of Pike County, Pennsylvania. Much like other townships located throughout Pennsylvania, Lehman Township has a significant amount of history behind it.
Lehman Township was first established in 1829 as a community surrounded by beautiful nature and various flora. This was more or less compounded by the presence of the Delaware National Park Service serving that greater area.
The township itself lies between Porter, Middle Smithfield and the aforementioned Delaware Townships. Lehman Township is also home to its famous Bushkill Falls. Bushkill is a well known small town in the area.
Other notable communities include Pine Ridge, Pocono Mountain Lake Estates, Pocono Ranchlands and Saw Creek, private communities located in the area. As of the 2010 census, the population of Lehman Township is over 10,000 residents.
Lehman Township Today
Lehman Township is a great place for people to visit on vacation. People also move into the township to take advantage of the conveniences and family-friendly locale. Lehman Township has a large local park, which hosts plenty of recreational opportunities like their large ball field.
Today, Lehman Township is home to many communities of beautiful Pocono homes. Many families and retirees retreat to many places in the Pocono real estate area, especially if they're looking for a peaceful place of residence.
Lehman Township is home to many historic places that have practically defined its storied history. Some of the township's most notable historic places include The Brodhead Farm, Nyce Farm, Turn Store, Peters House and the Tinsmith's Shop, now a part of the National Register of Historic Places.
The Dutch Reformed Church was first built in 1874 as a replacement to another structure that formerly stood in its place. It was initially fostered out of missionary work first performed in the mid 1700s. The first church building in the area, however, was first built in 1832; its construction actually cost much less than the aforementioned at the time.
Nowadays, the Dutch Reformed Church is now used by the Bushkill Outreach, having built a new church nearby Route 209.
Another notable historical landmark is the Community House. It once served as the Old Pine Ridge Church, nearby Bushkill Falls Road.
It eventually relocated to the Village of Bushkill, forming into a library and schoolhouse. It then transformed into the Bushkill Firehouse, before being bought and owned by the Federal Park System.